Uniforms have become a best practice in leading healthcare organizations nationwide. Patient safety and patient satisfaction are driving changes in this area.
The St. David’s HealthCare uniform initiative focuses on making it easier to identify our caregivers and reinforces our Service Excellence program.
- All staff are expected to comply with the Dress Code and Uniform Policy
- All of the St. David’s HealthCare facilities participate in the Uniform Initiative.
Clinical and rehabilitation staff are expected to purchase their own uniform. Some staff in non clinical support departments will have their uniforms provided to them.
The Embroidery Program
- All scrubs/uniforms will be embroidered with the facility logo.
- All scrubs/uniforms will also be embroidered with either the employee’s job title or department name. This is a key piece of information that helps our patients identify their caregivers.
- To ensure consistency for our patients across all facilities, the title/department name will be based on the approved standard for all embroidery.
- If you own scrubs that are the same brand, style and color as identified in the St. David’s HealthCare Dress Code and Uniform Policy, they may be worn as long as they are embroidered appropriately.
St. David’s HealthCare will cover the cost of embroidery on all approved uniforms.
Nursing - Navy scrub top and pant (Registered Nurses and Licensed Vocational Nurses)
Clinical Support Staff - Sandstone scrub top, Black scrub pant (Patient Care Technicians, Monitor Technicians, Unit Clerks/Secretaries, Phlebotomists, Lab Assistants, Imaging Assistants, and Pharmacy Technicians)
Non-RN Clinical Professionals - Sage green scrub top, Black scrub pant (Respiratory Therapists, Imaging Technologists, Medical Technologists, MLTs, and [optional:] Pharmacists)
Rehabilitation Services / Cardiac Rehab - Navy polo or button-down shirt and khaki pant, short, or skort; Inpatient and Wound Care staff may wear Sandstone scrub pants; Therapists may wear lab coats. (Physical and Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants, COTAs, Rehab/Therapy Technicians, Exercise Physiologists, Cardiac Rehab RNs, and [optional:] Speech Therapists)
Surgical Services - Ceil blue scrub top and pant (Surgical Department staff, including RNs, EP Technicians, Cath Lab Technicians, and Surgery Technicians) ** These staff have the option to wear facility laundered scrubs.
Other Clinical Professionals - White lab coats worn over professional dress (Pharmacists, Speech Therapists, Registered Dietitians, Clinical Educators, Case Managers, Social Workers, and Quality Management)
Department Provided Uniforms - various uniform styles are provided to employees based on their job responsibilities in the following departments: (Environmental Services, Food and Nutrition Services, Facilities Engineering, Patient Access Services, Security, and Surgical Services departments)