To provide exceptional care to every patient, every day, with a spirit of warmth, friendliness and personal pride.
To be the finest care and service organization in the world.
I CARE – Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence
- St. David’s HealthCare is a partnership between the not-for-profit St. David’s HealthCare System and HCA, the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services.
- St. David’s HealthCare is the fifth-largest private employer in Austin.
- St. David’s HealthCare employs more than 6,000 people.
- St. David’s HealthCare is responding to the growing needs of the Austin market by investing $500 million in expansion, facility renovations and technology. A key component of this initiative is $100 million to expand Women’s Services.
Named #1 Large Employer in Central Texas for 2007, 2008 and 2009 – Austin Business Journal
First health system in Texas to be named “Texas Employer of the Year” by the Texas Workforce Commission
Recipient of the Texas Award for Performance Excellence, awarded by the Texas Quality Foundation
All St. David's HealthCare facilities are Pathway to Excellence facilities
St. David’s South Austin Hospital ranked by Solucient as among the “100 Top Hospitals® for Cardiovascular Care”
Chest Pain-Accreditation – all five St. David’s HealthCare hospitals (Society of Chest Pain Centers)
Nationally recognized training: Specialty Nurse Accelerated Program (SNAP)
Largest Level III NICU in Central Texas, with Perinatal Air and Ground Transport (St. David’s Medical Center)
Second hospital in the U.S. to install the Hansen Robot in its EP training center
American Society for Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence
A core component of St. David’s HealthCare’s reputation for excellence is our continuing focus on utilizing the latest medical technologies to continually improve patient outcomes. We have consistently led the way in our region – and in some cases, the nation – in implementing highly advanced equipment and procedures. Our numerous facility enhancements include:
- Leksell Gamma Knife
- Hansen Robot
- da Vinci Robotics
- Sterotaxis Unit
- SPECT/CT Scanner
- Picture Archiving & Communication Systems (PACS)
- Nuclear Medicine Camera
- Greenlight Laser
- Stryker Navigation System
- Laparoscopic Equipment
- Digital Mammography