More than two-thirds of adults in the United States are now classified as overweight or obese. Aside from quality of life issues, people who are seriously overweight are at high risk for hypertension, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, stroke, sleep apnea, osteoarthritis and other health conditions.
The Bariatric Surgery Program at St. David’s North Austin Medical Center offers a full range of surgical options for patients to explore after they have exhausted other weight loss efforts. The goal is to help these patients regain optimum health and mobility – to be healthy, look and feel better, and live longer. However, surgery is just one element in successful and permanent weight loss. It must be combined with healthy food choices and a continuing regimen of exercise to be truly effective.
To find our more or learn about an upcoming seminar call 512-478-3627 or register online.
- Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass (uses staples to create smaller stomach pouch, which is then connected surgically to the intestine to bypass the stomach)
- Lap-Band (uses an adjustable silicone band to create smaller stomach pouch)
- Single Incision Lap-Band (uses a single incision to install lap-band, instead of the standard multiple incision procedures)
- Robotic Bariatric Surgery (offers physicians more precision and vision in laparoscopic procedures)
- Laparoscopic Duodenal Switch (removes most of stomach and creates stomach tube linking esophagus and small intestine)
- Laparoscopic Revisions (corrects technical failures or complications of inadequate weight loss
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy (removes most of stomach without bypass)
- Staged Procedures (for extreme high risk patients, beginning with lowest risk procedure, and higher risk when reasonable weight loss is achieved)
- Open Bariatric Surgery (required depending on patient’s surgical history or complications)
- Adolescent Surgery (determined on individual basis, using specific protocols)
Some patients choose body contouring procedures after achieving weight loss goals from Bariatric Surgery. Often, this involves removal of excess skin, breast augmentation, and other cosmetic procedures designed to help the patient restore good body image and self-esteem.
The Bariatric Program at St. David’s North Austin Medical Center offers a wide variety of these procedures.
St. David’s North Austin Medical Center has dedicated a medical floor to patients recovering from Bariatric Surgery. The floor is staffed by nurses with specialized training in the support of bariatric patients
Reshape Your Life – Surgical Weight Loss Options
FREE Monthly Educational Seminars offered by St. David’s North Austin Medical Center.
Obesity is something that many people struggle with every day. Not just physically, but emotionally. If you’re overweight and want to make changes in your life, our Weight Loss Surgery Seminars are a step in the right direction. With the help of our dedicated team of healthcare professionals, you’ll find out exactly how you can reshape your life.
To register for a FREE seminar, please call 888.868.2104, or 512.478.3627 or register online.
- All seminars will take place at St. David’s North Austin Medical Center 12221 N. MoPac Expressway Corner of Parmer and MoPac
- 2nd Floor – Classroom
- Complimentary Dinner Provided
- RSVP to 1-888-868-2104 or 512-478-3627 or register online