During a heart attack, seconds count. At St. David's Medical Center, our highly-trained staff outperforms national averages in the time required to treat patients suffering a cardiac emergency. Like all St. David's HealthCare hospitals, we are a Certified Chest Pain Center accredited by the Society for Chest Pain Centers, the nation's leading organization focusing on improving care for patients with acute coronary syndromes. We also offer the most comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation services in Central Texas.
- Board-certified surgeons supported by highly specialized nurses and technicians
- Specialized open-heart surgery suite
- Two dedicated cardiac catheterization labs
- Advanced diagnostic testing, including electrocardiograms, cardiac echograms, CT angiography and stress testing
- Robot-assisted stereotactic electrophysiology lab for the treatment of heart rhythm disorders
- Cardiac rehabilitation support groups
- Cardiovascular disease prevention program
From acute-care services and the diagnostic evaluation of cardiovascular disease to cardiac rehabilitation and wellness programs, St. David's Medical Center offers the full spectrum of Heart & Vascular services.
Heart Hospital of Austin, a campus of St. David's Medical Center is a three-story, 138,000 square foot facility. In addition to providing a full range of cardiovascular services and an advanced Executive Wellness Program, Heart Hospital of Austin has a comprehensive 24/7 emergency department. In 1998, Heart Hospital of Austin opened its doors and began providing cardiovascular services to the people of Central Texas. Since then, our facility, staff and services have grown, and so has our reputation. Today, people come from across the nation to experience the benefits of a facility devoted to cardiac care.
To learn more visit the Heart Hospital of Austin online by clicking here.
The Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute (TCAI) at St. David's Medical Center is led by internationally recognized electrophysiologist Andrea Natale, MD and staffed by a team of prominent physicians, researchers and nurses. Procedures are performed in state-of-the-art Electrophysiology Labs featuring the latest in technology. The EP Labs have been the site of a number of area and worldwide firsts in the field of electrophysiology.Treatments include:
- Cardiac Ablation
- EP Mapping
- Implantable Devices
Visit TCAI online here
St. David's Health & Fitness Center is your Central Austin resource for achieving your health and fitness goals. Our degreed staff of exercise physiologists offers guidance and support in a safe, non-intimidating environment. In addition to providing a full-service fitness facility, we offer Personal Training and Exercise Consultations.
- Convenient Central Austin location on the St. David's Medical Center Campus
- More than 3,000 square feet of exercise space
- Specialized programs for:
- High risk populations or first time exercisers
- Those with cardiac conditions or history
- Senior fitness
- Weight loss
- Professional staff serving the Austin community since 1986
- Membership is available to anyone age 18 and older. Our one-time enrollment fee includes a complete health assessment and fitness evaluation as well as an exercise program designed by one of our trained staff. (The health assessment fee is waived for St. David's HealthCare employees.)
- Membership includes:
- Unlimited use of Health & Fitness Center facilities during operation hours
- Professionally staffed and supervised environment at all times.
- Wide variety of gym equipment including Cybex, NuStep and DynaDisk stations, free weights, treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bikes, rowing machines, stair steppers, resistive cords/bands, stability and Bosu balls
- Deluxe locker and towel service
- Free parking
Membership Form (PDF) - Referral Form
For additional information, please contact us at (512) 544-4263.