- Immediate medical and surgical subspecialty consultation available.
- Multi-disciplinary partnership among subspecialists and neonatologists throughout
- Perinatal support through Baby Matters program.
The NICU at St. David's Medical Center offers immediate availability of high-level medical & surgical subspecialty consultation for the following specialties:
- Infectious Disease
- Pediatric Anestheseiology
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Pediatric General Surgery
- Pediatric Neurology
- Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Pediatric Ophthalmology
- Pediatric Otolaryngology
- Pediatric Pulmonology
- Pediatric Radiology for Imaging and Diagnostics
The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at St. David's Medical Center combines personalized, expert care with state-of-the-art surgical facilities and advanced imaging and didagnostic technologies to make St. David's Medical Center a premier choice for newborns needing surgical care. As a regional referral center for neonatal surgery, the NICU at St. David's Medical Center completes considerably more neonatal surgeries than any other hospital in the Austin Area.
Partnering excellent pediatric surgeons with our NICU staff dedicated to exceptional care, the neonatal surgical program at St. David's Medical Center provids and unparalleled approach for multi-disciplinary and comprehensive care. Our Board Certified Neonatologists, in-house 24/7, work in partnership with the pediatric surgeons, pediatric anesthesiologists, pediatric radiologists, and outstanding nursing and support staff throughout you baby's treatment course. They work as a unique and cohesive team - beginning at diagnosis, continuing throughout the pre-operative, intra-operataive, and post-operative periods, and on to discharge and beyond -- to provide the specialized care every baby needs.
In addition to our expertise, St. David's Medical Center is the only hospital in the Austin area where a mother can deliver her baby and be cared for in the same hospital together with her neonate requiring surgery in the NICU.
Our NICU also desires to provide prenatal support to families with identified fetal anomalies or surgical conditions through our Baby Matters program. Upon referral, our Baby Matters Nurse Navigator will facilitate prenatal consultation with one of our Board Certified Neonatologists and orientation to the St. David's Medical Center NICU. Our goal is to dispel fears, encourage informed decision making, and incrase parents' understanding of the NICU whle guiding them throughout this often difficult experience.
- Physicians and staff who are experienced professionals, committed to providing exceptional care to every patient
- Comfortable, family centered environment
- Newly renovated Women's Health floor, complete with state-of-the-art technology
- All private rooms
- 3 luxury suites for an additional charge per night
- Spacious, well appointed Labor & Delivery Rooms
- Surgical suites located in the Labor & Delivery Unit
- Midwives and doulas are welcome to be present at your birth
- All RN staff, competent in both high and low-risk obstetrical care
- 24/7 Neonatology coverage
- 24/7 Anesthesia coverage
- 24/7 Maternal Fetal Medicine Coverage
- Maternal & Neonatal Transport Team
- Parent Education classes taught by employees of St. David's Medical Center