St. David’s North Austin Medical Center Named One of the Nation’s 100 Top Hospitals By Thomson Reuters
In 2014, Truven Health Analytics named St. David’s North Austin Medical Center to its list of 100 Top Hospitals in the nation for the third consecutive year. St. David’s Medical Center – which includes St. David’s Georgetown Hospital and Heart Hospital of Austin – also made the list. This is the fifth consecutive year that St. David’s Medical Center received this prestigious ranking.
St. David’s North Austin Medical Center and St. David’s Medical Center were selected from among more than 2,800 short-term acute care, non-federal U.S. hospitals for their exemplary demonstration of achieving high quality patient outcomes. According to Truven Health, if all hospitals performed at the same level as the 100 Top Hospital award winners (based on analysis of Medicare inpatients over one year):
- More than 165,000 additional lives could be saved.
- Nearly 90,000 additional patients could be complication-free.
- The average patient stay would decrease by half a day.
- Approximately $5.4 billion could be saved.
Please visit www.100TopHospitals.com to view the complete list of 2014 winners or for more information.
OTHER AWARDS AND CERTIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Mission Lifeline: Gold Accreditation for STEMI Care (2013)
- AACN Beacon Award for Excellence in Critical Care (2013)
- ACTION Registry-GWTG Gold Performance Achievement Award
- Travis County EMS STEMI Recognition (2013)
- American College of Radiology Gold Seal of Accreditation in Computed Tomography (CT)
- THA Excellence in Ophthalmology
- Leapfrog Group Grade “A” in Patient Safety (2012)
- THA Excellence in Ophthalmology Screening of NICU Newborns (2007-08)
- Texas Award for Performance Excellence (2008)
- Stroke Care Excellence Award (2009)
- Resuscitation Center of Excellence (2009)
- Commission on Cancer New Program Outstanding Achievement Award (2008)
For the latest news on awards and accolades achieved by St. David’s HealthCare, click here.