New Physician Office Access Request Forms For Meditech and hCare Portal
Please note that portal access is based on demonstrating a need due to Meditech not supplying sufficient data. Please state your reasons on the hCare Form Comment Section. Please be notified that you can only pull data from Meditech for patients treated by your physician/physicians practice group. hCare Portal access request are reviewed to make sure the reason requested meets our internal policy. Also hCare Portal access can take up to two (2) weeks to process.
Required Fields for Printing
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) and highlighted in Red must be fully completed in order to print and gain access to St David's applications.
Required Fields for Processing
- Listing Physicians, Groups, or Insurances
- List individual physicians that do not belong to a group
- List physician group (practice) if applicable
- List specific Insurance Group if applicable
- Physician Sponsor Signature and Date
- You must have physician sponsorship to gain access to Medical Records. The physician sponsor must sign and date before faxing. Billing groups must also have a physician sponsor. (Please note, access to Meditech requires that the physician sponsor be a credentialed member of the St David's Medical Staff)
- Confidentiality and Security Agreement (CSA)
- In order to obtain access, the user must print name, sign, and date the bottom of the CSA on page 3. Please note that the user requesting access should sign this section.
Why is my Social Security Number and Date of Birth required?
- By law (the HIPAA Security Rule) HCA must have a mechanism to uniquely identify users with access to electronic Protected Health Information (ePHI), and verify their access and activities are necessary and appropriate through periodic reviews, activity monitoring, and audits.
- HCA must have a mechanism to uniquely identify each user on our network for government, law enforcement, and civil/legal discovery requests for logs and evidence of activities.
- HCA also must have a unique identifier to correlate network user access with other key business processes such as background checks, the OIG List of Excluded Individuals/Entities, reports on disclosure of PHI, screening for terminated workforce members, and credentials.
- Please contact us at 512-901-2777 if you would like to receive full documentation on this requirement.
You can access forms via the Documents Link Above Label NEW
If any provider experiences any issues with accessing VDI please report it to the local service desk at (512) 901-2777.
Select your Access type from the images below, if You need assistance logging on, contact the service desk at 901-2777 and if applicable, you may be asked to click on the following link:
Or if you are just needing to reset\unlock your account and you have already registered click the icon below:
hCare Access (VDI) Now Available for MDs and Physician Office Staff. Click the image below to try our newer, faster Remote Access!
Trouble getting into hCare Access? Please call the Service Desk at (512) 901-2777. Providers and Physician Office Staff may use eSRA below as an alternative means to access remote records. However, providers may not be able to sign their HPF records using eSRA remote access.
(SRA) Simplified Remote Access
On the go? Not at the Hospital?
St. David's HealthCare offers physicians and their office staff remote access to our patients' medical records (MEDITECH), images (PACS), labor and delivery documentation and monitoring (QS OBLINK), comprehensive access to an online database of biomedical articles (EBSCO), and other resources. To meet your needs of access whether you are on the move, in your office, or at your home, we offer two methods of connectivity to our clinical systems and other services that comply with the regulatory requirements of protecting patient data.
Simplified Remote Access or Tokenless Access
Click here to log in using SRA or tokenless access.
Quick, Easy Remote Access to St. David's Health Information Systems
Simplified Remote Access is a new way to access St. David's Health Information Systems via SSL/VPN without using a security token (SecurID). By answering challenge questions on your initial access and “binding” to specific computers, you will only have to enter your user ID and password. Only when using a different computer will you have to answer two challenge questions.
Once logged in, you can access St. David's Health Information Systems without any additional log in! Now accessing the portal, your comprehensive view of a patient's clinical data, is just a click away.
Check out the benefits:
- No need for tokens – answer challenge questions that you set up for access using one user ID and password
- Access St. David's Health Information Systems from any internet connection
- Establishes a connection to St. David's Healthcare network when you logon and disconnects when you are finished, or disconnects after an extended period of inactivity
- Connection is only from the computer you logon from.
Get Started Today...